Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My day out


Today was day 2 of skiing for my guys. Instead of going for another walk I decided to try something new out of the box for me. I don't like the cold, ice, snow or slipping and falling. I tried something that involved all those things. I tried Cross Country Skiing. I started my adventure taking the shuttle to The Breckenridge Nordic Center. I went with the plan of snowshoeing but the concierge said I would have more fun cross country skiing. When I arrived at the center I decided to face my fears of snow and falling and signed up for the lesson before I chickened out. Todd my instructor was very informative. I did enjoy this new sport, even after falling twice. I got up and kept on going. Enjoying the view of the Blue Spruce trees and blue skies. The air was brisk and crisp. It was a excellent workout. By the end I told Todd the sport wasn't for me because my ankles and knees were hurting from the wedge ( stopping when going downhill). He was a little disappointed. After the lesson when returning my boots he seen my swollen pink and blue ankles and didn't feel so bad that the sport wasn't for me now he knew my ankles really hurt and it wasn't his instruction. I told him I would be back with the family in a few days. So I returned to pick up my guys so I could prepare them lunch before they went back out. My knee really hurt so I pulled up my jeans and discovered this small but painful bruise. So now that I have experienced cross country skiing and falling isn't so bad even after my little injury I think I might go back out again. I still want to walk these amazing beautiful trails by showshoeing. Maybe on Thursday snow is predicted that day God's creation is just so amazing. I can't wait to spend the day with my guys tomorrow at the garden of the gods. That was my day.
"She is not afraid of the snow for her household." Pro 31:20

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for trying something new and facing your fears! Hope that knee feels better tomorrow and you guys have a GREAT day as a family exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny- "she is not afraid of the snow for her household" :) Great job going all by yourself, I would never have the guts to do that.

    ReplyDelete