Thursday, October 15, 2009

A yucky dinner my family likes

Did this title catch your attention? Here is a recipe everyone like except me. I make it on the nights that I have meetings or have over indulged in Miguel's like I did today.This is a easy recipe that cooks itself.

Smoked Sausage n Slaw
1 package of smoked sausage
1 T veggie oil
1/2 C onions
1 t chopped garlic
3 cups of hash browns or grated potatoes ( I use the refrigerated ones)
14.5 Stewed Tomatoes
4 C Shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
1/2 C water or chicken broth ( the recipe calls for white wine but I use broth)

Cut sausage into length wise quarters into 1/4 inch slices

Use dutch oven over Med heat
add oil to pan and add sausage let brown for a few minutes
stir in remaining ingredients except liquid
reduce heat to Med low and cook covered for 10 minutes
Stir in broth and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Enjoy as much as my family does and sprinkle in the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment